Hazelnut Sage Pate:
1 cup hazelnuts
1/4 cup sesame seeds
8 oz cream cheese
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/3 tsp sea salt
1/3 tsp freshly gound black pepper
1 Tbsp chopped sage
2 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp milk
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree F
2) Place hazelnuts and sesame seeds on 2 seperate baking trays. Lightly roast in oven 5-10 minutes. When hazelnuts are cool, rub off skins.
3) Grind nuts and seeds together until they resemble fine crumbs. Or if you prefer a coarse pate, grind half nuts and seeds fine, grind trhe other half coarsely.
4) Beat cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, sage and oil together in a bowl.
5) Add nut and seed mixture, combining well. Add the milk to get a moist consistency. The mixture should be fairly wet because the nuts will absorb some liquid.
6) Serve chilled in ramekins or with small individual salads with toast.